Saturday, 26 February 2011

Project Leuku

I received a parcel from a friend of mine who lives in Norway yesterday, first shock was the speed at which it got here, the customs ticket said the 23rd February on it and it arrived on the 25th, guess the postal system does work well sometimes, anyway i digress, i opened up the package there in front of me was the knife pictured.

Talking with my friend out there,  this leuku is going to become a re handling project, i just have to choose which log from the wood pile to use to get a nice handle, I'm thinking English Elm or perhaps a nice bit of cherry, there again i could keep this traditional and give it a Birch handle, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Elm as, in my mind, it will give an English touch to a Scandinavian knife and encompass both cultures, whatever i decide to do, I'll post up progress reports here.

No comments:

Post a Comment