Monday, 13 June 2011

Fomes fomentarius - Horse Hoof Fungus

I received a package in the mail last week from a chap called Gareth following a conversation we had on You Tube, i had commented that we don't get Fomes where i live in the UK, so he got in touch and told me that he had more than he knew what to do with and would send me some.

Upon opening the box i found not only the three fungi pictured, but a bag of Daldinia concentrica and two bags of pre prepared amadou, one with and one without saltpetre added, the thing i have to do in return for him sending me the fungi is to make a video and place it You Tube showing how i make amadou and then how to use it to start a fire, so as soon as the weather and other obligations allow, i shall be making a trip to the woods armed with my camera - keep you posted, and big thanks to Gareth for sending the fungi down to me, very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment