Thursday, 1 September 2011

Bullroarer (2)


Following my previous post and You Tube video of the Bullroarer we made up the woods, that worked, but  admittedly not very well, and having received some valuable advice on the subject from people who are far more knowledgeable on this subject than I, so following the advice received, I've been experimenting with different shapes and sizes of Bullroarers, some have worked, others didn't.

The best one so far is the one pictured it's based on the drawing in the book "Primitive Technology Book Of Earth Skills" and it works brilliantly, I've had the book for years now and it never occurred to me to look in there, i was actually researching a different subject when i rediscovered the article.

The noise this makes now I've got it right is incredible and it works even better now that i have replaced the cordage with a doubled up length of artificial sinew to reduce the drag effect on the twirling string, i'll make a video at some point to outline the differences.

1 comment:

  1. I've never made one, but I've seen a few in action. I look forward to the video!

    ReplyDelete