Friday, 30 September 2011

Fire Piston

Ive owned one these for along while, but hardly ever use it, as i much prefer to use methods such as the bow & hand drill or the traditional flint & steel,  the Piston only gets used at the odd event now and again to show that fire can be created from compression as well as by friction, spark or indeed chemical means.

I bought mine many years ago now from DB Primitive on EBay, but since i bought it, i have, as mentioned above, hardly used it, well, lets rephrase that, I've used it, but i don't rely on it, it's not something i carry around with me when I'm out and about, in fact it lives in a drawer and hardly sees the light of day, but just now and again, like today, it will come out and get a bit of use, more for a bit of fun than anything else.

I made a short video a while ago on the Fire Piston which is on my You Tube channel here

No comments:

Post a Comment