Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Fishing Hook

Made myself a replacement fishing hook to go in my exhibition / show / demo kit, the one had got broken at a show back in early September, this one has a Cherry wood main part and the spike is made from a piece of whittled down Hazel as this will hopefully be a little stronger than the thorn i had used previously, the whipping has been done with Flax thread, I'm in the process of making a couple more as spares, and these will incorporate longish thorns for the barb, but I'm going to use nettle cordage or at the very least, nettle fibres to make the whipping on them as i think it will be more in keeping with the ethos of such a hook.

1 comment:

  1. Good small things man !

    have you done one-piece two headed fishing "hooks" ? I donno the english name but we call those "Launi", maybe googles picturesearch shows you what i mean. Theyre simple, primitive and yet they perform well today.

    ReplyDelete