Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Flexcut Roughing Knife

One of my latest acquisitions in the blade dept is a Flexcut KN14 roughing knife that eldest gave me yesterday for my birthday, I've been after one of these for a long time and now i have one.

Ive wanted one of these as the blade shape is perfect for some of the carving i do, up to now I've used the smaller version of this blade that is on the Carvin' jack, but even though that has a locking blade, it's never felt 100% for some of the cuts i make with it, it's a superb tool, but at times i want the security of a fixed blade, the KN14 has roughly the same blade shape as the one on the Jack, but is slight longer, which will have benefits when it comes to carving fans and some of the other projects i intend to use this for, i just have to make a sheath for it now, not that, that will take me a long time to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment