Thursday, 19 January 2012

Got Wood

You know it's funny what the Postman brings to the door, our Postie is quite used to delivering half a cows worth of leather, sharps etc, but this one had him stumped, not that it's any his business anyway.

So the story behind this is i was posting to a thread on the BCUK forum and the subject of Lime Wood  (Basswood or Linden for those outside of the UK) came up, now where i live it's pretty rare, even the local timber yard didn't have any and the young chap i spoke to down there didn't know what i was talking about anyway, so when i got a PM from another member (you know who you are) offering me a good sized chunk of Lime Wood i leapt at the chance, all i had to do was agree to  a couple of conditions,  which were, 1- i need your address & 2 - you post up a picture of whatever it is you make from it, do you agree? - deal says I.

I already have the block marked out and ready to go, so what am i going to make from it?, well i guess you will just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could send you guys over there just 1/1000th of the timber that I see wasted within a mile of my home! You'd be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, send it over mate.

      It's not that we dont have Lime wood, it's just in my part the country it's a pretty rare tree, but i did plant a load up at the lakes a couple of years ago, but they wont be big enough to use until i reach retirement :-)

      Delete