Sunday, 15 January 2012

Task Day

I thought i would post up a few words about this mornings task morning at one of the local conservation groups i belong to, this particular group is brilliant, as it has probably one of the widest groups of age ranges and back grounds i think I've seen for a small local conservation group, what really impresses me is the group as a whole, it doesn't matter what your age or back ground, or how long you can spare them, everybody's opinion is listened to and everybody's contribution, no matter how big or small, is valued and appreciated - fairly rare these days, thankfully the same ethos exists in another group i belong to.

Today was brilliant for one fact, the kids out numbered the adults and they all worked and worked hard, and we accomplished everything we wanted to do ahead of schedule, the task days only last for a few hours, but are great fun and a superb way to meet like minded people and further your knowledge and at the same time, care for a small local nature reserve.

2 comments:

  1. You've reminded me that I need to have a look for a group in my area, now that I've moved!

    ReplyDelete