Thursday, 23 August 2012

Whizzer

Made a thing that I've not used for many years today, in fact, I've not used one of these since i was a kid, trust me, that's a few years ago now.

I have no idea why i suddenly remembered these simple toys, but the idea popped into my head and that was it, i had to go and make one, so i grabbed bit of well seasoned Sycamore from the wood pile, put it on the shave horse and took it down with a draw knife into a board, then a bit of shaping and the addition of some string, it was ready to go, works well and makes a great noise, I've not been able to stop playing with it since i made it, very simple to make, but great fun and full of childhood memories, now to grab the paints and decorate it :-).

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I remember finding large buttons on my mother's sewing basket, grabbing a piece of thread and making these as well. Nice idea, and something that I haven't thought about in a long long time. I need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://spooncarving.blogspot.com/2012/08/whizzer-or-buzzer-i-call-it-fun.html Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete