Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Journal / Note Book

One of things i like to keep is a journal, this contains all sorts of information from diagrams of traps to spoon designs and even random thoughts and little notations of things i want to reference or study in greater detail at home, i also like to note plant facts, such as edibility and my own take on what they actually taste like compared to what you may read or hear elsewhere, it's not a definitive reference work by any means and unless I'm in a fixed camp or on what i call "a mission", i tend not to take my main A5 Journal with me, preferring to take my smaller A6 sized version (pictured) or even a flip note pad with me, at the end of each trip, i transpose the information recorded and update my main journal with drawings/diagrams and the information ive recorded on things I've discovered and learnt or want to investigate further.

2 comments:

  1. Lately, I've been finding Composition Books that are Quad Ruled (4 squares to the Inch) in the back to school supplies clearance racks. These composition books are slightly smaller than a regular notebook and are cheap. I prefer quad ruling because it is easier for me to make diagrams or maps. I have surveyor's notebooks that have a similar layout, but I just like these notebooks. I don't know if you have anything similar in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound ideal little note books Bill, not seen anything like those over here

      Delete