Sunday, 23 December 2012

Changing The Name Of My Blog - Why?

Why the new name and title for my blog?, well, it's something I've been thinking about for a long time, the name is not a new name, it's the one ive had for over forty years, I'm proud of what i do, so why shouldn't i shout my name from the roof tops?. 

I was also getting bored with hiding behind an Internet pseudonym, the name, Kepis, is a name, which to be perfectly honest, i have grown to dislike.

The name 'Kepis' was born long ago when i had to change my chosen log on name on BCUK, because it conflicted with a company name and they, the company, not BCUK, didn't like me using it, so i had to change it and the name Kepis appeared, Kepis by the way is an acronym of my nickname 'Spike', I've never really liked the name Kepis, but at the time and for the above reason it suited it's purpose, but it's slowly going to disappear i think.

The Countryman title, well it fits who i am and what i do, I'm a country boy born and bred, i live in the countryside, i was bought up in the countryside and i spend my life, both working and for pleasure in the countryside, all of my family are countrymen and women and have worked on and with the land for generations and it's to them that i owe my love of the British Countryside.

So there you have it, a very simple reason for the name change, but a perfectly valid one i feel.

7 comments:

  1. I was always curious how you came by the name and now I know. I never paid much attention to your nickname, just to what you had to say, which is usually something worth knowing. Best wishes on your new byline. BTW, Spike sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, it just seem to make much more sense going under my real name, thanks for the kind comments, appreciate them, it's always nice to know people enjoy what you write and/or try to convey, not always easy in the written form.

      Have a Merry Christmas and watch this space for some exciting new projects in the new year.

      Delete
  2. Happy Christmas to you Spike mate, a good change I'd say.
    You can call me Sir Hugo if you like but don't call me late for tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, seemed like the sensible thing to do :-).

      Merry Christmas to you and Mrs Hugo.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you re-born mate!
    a change for the better i'd say!
    happy Christmas!
    Haydn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a good man Mark, with a great reputation, so yeah, why shouldn't you use your real name. I'm proud to know you and I hope you and your family have a Blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stan.

      Have a great Christmas and a happy, healthy 2013

      Delete